Recently, tons of organizations have been sharing tips for working from home. But, as our team members know, even when we try our hardest to follow even the best advice, we’re still prone to making mistakes along the way. That’s why we put together a list of the best anti-tips for being productive while working remotely during this time. If you’d like to play along with us, check off everything you are guilty of while working from home.
Anti-tips for working remotely (but we still do them anyway):
- Forget to have lunch
- Sit right next to your significant other in a tiny office because they will absolutely help you stay focused and not distract you with funny videos of cats playing tic-tac-toe
- Get dressed just from the waist up
- Wake up with a “work hangover,” which in our scientific opinion is a result of bad eating, not exercising, lounging in uncomfortable positions, and staying up late on your computer while working remotely
- Order all of your meals for delivery (although this could actually be a tip and not an anti-tip to support local business during the crisis)
- Don’t change your clothes for days
- Put off going to the bathroom for hours!
- Sit uncomfortably on the edge of your chair so your cat can have a good nap
- Do Pomodoro but spend your 5-minute breaks in front of the computer checking news, youtube or social media instead of stretching, walking, opening the window for fresh air, or refilling your empty water bottle
- Schedule your Amazon deliveries during important meetings so the delivery person rings the doorbell and your dog startles everyone on the call
- Try to homeschool your child
If you have done one or more of the above, you’re not alone! We’re all stuck in the middle of a difficult time. But remember to laugh at your mistakes and to be flexible and creative as you adjust to your new normal!
Want to stay connected?
We periodically share news and updates around translation, language and culture. Rest assured we’ll never share your contact information with anyone!