Professional Onsite Interpretation
Multilingual Connections’ professional interpretation services bring our expert interpreters onsite to your meeting, training, conference, appointment or deposition. Our goal is to provide a seamless experience for you, no matter what the language, industry or setting.
Two modes of onsite interpretation:
The client speaks in short sentences or paragraphs in the source language and then pauses so that the interpreter can interpret what has just been said into the target language.
With simultaneous interpretation, the interpreter provides real-time interpretation of what the speaker says into the target language, without a pause between segments. This mode of interpretation is highly demanding, so industry standard requires simultaneous interpreters to work in pairs and alternate to ensure accuracy and preserve the interpreters’ health. Simultaneous interpreters typically speak into a microphone from a booth, and the audience requiring interpretation use headsets. For simultaneous interpretation, we provide booth set-up and equipment rental.
- Corporate settings such as boardroom meetings, focus groups, factory and manufacturing-related tours, plant and machinery audits.
- Conferences and trade shows
- Educational settings, such as academic meetings and lectures
- Government agencies foreign dignitary visits
- Legal settings, such as trials, depositions, arbitrations, asylum and immigration hearings
- Market research, including ethnographic interviews and focus groups
- Healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, patients’ homes and other healthcare facilities
- Insurance needs, such as Independent Medical Evaluation (IME), workers’ compensation hearings, employee benefits presentation and claim investigations
Face-to-face interpretation requires proper planning, advanced scheduling and a minimum number of hours. For flexible interpretation with no minimum charges, our phone interpretation option is a great choice.