Looking for multilingual desktop publishing (DTP)?
Multilingual Connections not only translates your slides, marketing collateral, catalogs and user manuals, but our design and typesetting experts provide desktop publishing to ensure they’re print-ready for your audience.
If you’re doing graphic design and publishing in foreign languages, here are some important points to consider:
- Directionality: right-to-left languages like Hebrew and Arabic mean that page layouts may need to be modified
- Word expansion: translations can expand up to 30% over the source text
- Number formats: currency, dates and times must be localized
- Line spacing: languages like Japanese and Korean require less vertical space than languages that use Latin characters, so you may need to adjust line spacing
- Punctuation and orthography: different languages have different rules for punctuation and capitalization
- Fonts: fonts and character sets vary across languages
Multilingual Connections’ desktop publishing experts ensure your product catalogs, brochures, packaging, user guides, product manuals, eLearning modules, PowerPoint presentations, magazines, electrical schemes and CAD files are flawless – in any language.
In addition to desktop publishing, we offer translation, transcription, voiceover, subtitling and interpretation services in over 75 languages.
Reach out to us with questions or to get started!