Remote Simultaneous Interpretation
Remote simultaneous interpretation (RSI) is the smart solution for simultaneous language interpretation at conferences and meetings around the globe. Powered by a cloud-based platform, RSI delivers simultaneous interpretation excellence to your event at a fraction of the cost.
World-class human interpreters leverage the use of our technology to provide remote intepretation to your audience on their smart phone or electronic device, and in real-time. RSI also works seamlessly with RF/IR systems and wireless receivers/headsets.
RSI is ideal for events of all types, including conferences, small business meetings, lectures, workshops, discussion panels, webinars, and focus groups.
Why remote simultaneous interpretation?
- Simply put, RSI is the smart solution for conference and simultaneous interpretation services. State of the art cloud technology now makes it possible for you to offer quality simultaneous interpretation services at your meeting or conference for a fraction of the price.
- Event participants can listen conveniently to the interpreters through their smartphones or tablets. With RSI, you don’t have to organize the labor-intensive and costly distribution of wireless receivers and headsets. Since professional simultaneous interpreters work remotely you don’t have to set up heavy equipment like soundproof booths at your event. What is there not to like?
- Hybrid RSI solutions are also available if client prefers to work with traditional headsets and receivers.
- By using RSI, clients average savings of 30% to 40% off traditional simultaneous interpretation services without sacrificing interpreting quality.
- RSI makes it easy to plan events requiring interpretation services. There is no limit to the number of languages that can be added, even on short notice. Special event organizers don’t have to manage groups of interpreters and technicians on the ground. Instead the interpreting service is offered seamlessly – almost invisibly – available to those who need it, when they need it and on their own personal WI-FI device.
RSI technology makes it possible for simultaneous interpretation to be offered remotely. However, the quality of any interpretation is only as good as the ability of an interpreter to interpret what is being said while it is said, from one language into another.
Simultaneous interpreting is often considered the most difficult and demanding form of interpretation. Simultaneous Interpreters are not able to stop to think about the meaning of a word before they interpret it. They need to know and understand what they are hearing in the source language, whether it is specialized or technical terminology in order to convert it into the target language in a synchronized manner with the speaker. If they stop or pause for too long the speaker will have created too much distance, and the interpreter will struggle to keep up with what is being said. For this reason simultaneous interpreters prepare thoroughly ahead of an event, and make sure they only interpret in those areas in which they have experience and proven competence.
For RSI, our interpreters have at least 3 years of experience in simultaneous and conference interpretation. Moreover, they are classified according to their level of specialization and professional qualifications in order for us to match the ideal interpreter to an assignment. With RSI, the interpreters recruited also have superior computer IT skills enabling them to work remotely and to follow the necessary guidelines for a successful simultaneous interpretation.
Is remote simultaneous interpretation right for our needs?
To find out if remote simultaneous is the right fit for your event, contact us. Our project managers will be happy to discuss your interpreting needs.