Multilingual Connections is a woman-owned company in Evanston, Illinois that has been providing translation and transcription services since 2005.
We look for applicants with a love of language and strong organizational and communication skills. Our ideal candidates are energetic, passionate, detailed-oriented and meticulously organized. They thrive in a fast-paced multilingual environment, love to make their clients happy and are always ready to step in to help a co-worker in need.
This position would be 100% remote from your home office (US or global).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Quote new translation, transcription and multimedia projects, prepare files for translation, communicate with linguists, desktop publishers and clients. Conduct quality check and prepare files for delivery.
Update systems with pertinent client and vendor information.
Identify best use of resources; analyze, escalate and resolve problems as they arise and develop a plan to prevent future problems.
Meet/exceed gross margin goals while maintaining quality standards and schedules.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for language and culture
- Able to prioritize multiple projects to ensure high quality and on-time delivery
- Really, really, really detail-oriented - and you LOVE it!
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment but also independently
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Tech savvy; experience with Google Apps and CAT tools
- Experience with translation, transcription, subtitling and/or voiceover
- Bilingual preferred; ideally a fluent speaker of Arabic, French, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish.
- A sense of humor is ideal!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Enthusiastic, highly autonomous and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
If this sounds like a good fit, please include the following - and note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- A link to a 60-second video introducing yourself and explaining why this is a perfect fit for you.
Thank you for your interest!