Full-time opportunity: Business Development Manager
Multilingual Connections—a language solutions provider in downtown Evanston, IL—is seeking a hunter to develop new business and grow existing accounts.
About the position
- Generate leads through referrals, cold calling, networking, and other means (conferences, local networking events, internet marketing, etc.)
- Build a strong pipeline and manage each opportunity through its entire sales cycle
- Working with management, formulate individual sales plan to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Engage in daily sales funnel activities (digital marketing, cold calls, sales presentations, etc.) to prospect new clients
- Meet revenue and profitability targets by managing pricing and contracts
- Develop proposals, estimates, and presentations
- Track, manage, and report sales activities in CRM
- Effectively set and manage client expectations
- Manage and nurture current client relationships to support existing business, uncover new opportunities and develop business with other new accounts
- Respond to incoming client inquiries via phone and email and create proposals accordingly
We’re looking for someone in the Chicago area. Our ideal candidate is creative, flexible, detail-oriented and driven, and someone who works autonomously yet is able to collaborate with our project management team and executive managers to achieve our company’s goals. We are looking for someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Two years of experience in outside sales or business development selling professional services
- Experience with the translation and localization industry is a huge plus
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal) skills
- Sales cycle experience—from lead generation through closing
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets
- Effective time management skills and attention to detail
About the company
Multilingual Connections is a translation and transcription agency in downtown Evanston, IL (a suburb north of Chicago) that has been helping clients engage their multilingual markets and expand their global reach since 2005.
We’re an agile, dynamic team in Evanston and work with a global network of translators and transcriptionists to support our legal, medical, academic, government, marketing, manufacturing, consumer products, non-profit and video production clients.
If this sounds like a good fit, please email a resume and letter detailing why that is. You’d be surprised to know that many people send a resume and no letter at all – please don’t be one of them.
Thanks for your interest!