Associate Translation Project Manager Opening
Multilingual Connections is a woman-owned company that has been providing translation and transcription services since 2005. We are looking to fill the position of Associate Project Manager at our office in downtown Evanston.
We look for applicants with a love of language and strong organizational and communication skills. Our ideal candidates are energetic, passionate, detailed-oriented and meticulously organized. They thrive in a fast-paced multilingual environment, love to make their clients happy and are always ready to step in to help a co-worker in need. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for growth within the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project management: Quote new projects, prepare files for translation, communicate with linguists, desktop publishers and clients. Conduct quality check and prepare files for delivery.
Organization: Update systems with pertinent client and vendor information.
Reporting: Prepare weekly and monthly status reports as needed.
Problem solving: Identify best use of resources; analyze, escalate and resolve problems as they arise and develop a plan to prevent future problems.
Financial: Meet/exceed gross margin goals while maintaining quality standards and schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for language and culture
- Able to prioritize multiple projects to ensure high quality and on-time delivery
- Really, really, really detail-oriented – and you LOVE it!
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment but also independently
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Tech savvy; experience with Google Apps and CAT tools (MemoQ, Trados)
- Bilingual preferred
- Sense of humor ideal!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Enthusiastic, highly autonomous and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Employer paid premium contribution for health insurance
- 401K matching contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Enthusiastic, high-energy and cooperative environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
If this sounds like a good fit, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send your resume without a cover letter – and thank you for your interest!